Simple, clean, creative design is what we're all about. For us, clean refers to fresh, straightforward, uncluttered design...as well as an environmentally-responsible frame of mind.
In honor of Earth Week, we'd like to share a few of the ways we try our best to be eco-friendly:
- We keep client communication digital. All contracts, invoices, and proofs are sent via email, eliminating the need for paper. We do, on occasion, send paper copies of important documents (e.g., signature pages of contracts), handwritten notes, and business-card-size color cards, but this is usually restricted to 2 sheets of paper, 1 postcard, and 2 envelopes.
- Our recycle bin is twice as big as our trash can, and we empty it twice as often.
- We take advantage of natural sunlight and rarely turn on the office lights.
- We use recycled paper as often as possible and re-use pretty much everything. (There's a 90% chance the tissue paper and bubble wrap used to send your print materials came from another package we received.)
- Our printers engage in eco-friendly practices, offering vegetable-based inks, recycled, chlorine-free and tree-free papers, biodegradable packing materials, and more. One of them, in fact, is 100% wind-powered!
- Our primary paper vendor has transitioned into using recycled paper with at least 30% post-consumer waste. All of their paper is made in the U.S.A. under Responsible Mill Practices using Renewable Energy Sources.
- Our business cards have been printed with soy-based inks on cotton paper.
We hope that gives you a better understanding of how we operate! If you have any questions, give us a holler. Happy Earth Week.